Senior IT Systems Manager – Edinburgh, Flexible Home/Office Working
We’re seeking a ‘hands-on’ Senior IT Systems Manager who can support the delivery and maintenance of our sophisticated internal systems and the SaaS provision of our mission-critical software solutions to major organisations within the emergency and legal services sectors. Start date immediate/negotiable.
Flexible home/office and possible remote working opportunities available. Technical teams: Infographics Tech Hub, 3 Hill Street South Lane, Edinburgh. See our locations here
Who should apply?
Enthusiastic and talented professionals with strong infrastructure and development skills, who have an eye for detail, a passion for innovation and solid experience in supporting large-scale business applications.
Who are we?
We are a leading software manufacturing company creating specialist business solutions built on the Microsoft technology stack. We work with emergency services and some of the largest law firms in the world. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we have complex, challenging internal infrastructure and use the latest technologies.
What will you do day-to-day?
- Support the delivery and maintenance of our Microsoft Azure SaaS provision for mission-critical applications at our enterprise customer organisations, with large user bases
- Support the effective management and maintenance of our sophisticated internal Microsoft infrastructure and cloud services
- Manage the delivery and support of enterprise-level ERP and Case Management software solutions to our client base
- Support our adherence to ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 and GDPR compliance
- Assisting with complex client installations, topology recommendations and providing an informed technical support service for the operating system and standard Microsoft application software to our customers, where required
- Deputise, in his absence and as required at other times, for the Support and Quality Manager for those operational systems used in the support of our business operations and development of our software products
Tech we work with
All our teams work within Agile/Scrum and collaborate closely across departments.
- Our infrastructure engineers work with Azure IaaS/PaaS, Windows Server/Desktop, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint/Office 365, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Hyper-V, SQL Server, and Load Balancing/Clustering.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience supporting complex internal systems and business applications within a commercial environment
- An undergraduate degree with honours in Computing Science or Infrastructure/Networking (or similar) from a leading university to a minimum award level of 2:1
- Excellent ‘Highers’/’A Levels’ (or equivalent), including Maths
Ideal (but not essential)
Exposure to most of these technologies (but training can be given):
Azure IaaS/PaaS, Azure AD, Active Directory (ADFS and Domain Trusts), Exchange, SharePoint/Office 365, IIS, Visual Studio/Azure DevOps, Hyper-V, Containers/Docker, RDS / RemoteApp, SQL Server (DBA, SSDT, SSIS, SSRS and AlwaysOn), Scripting (PowerShell, DOS), Load Balancing/Failover Clustering/DFS, Network Security and Disaster Recovery, VPN, InstallShield.
Nice to have
- Any relevant Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCSA, MCSE, Microsoft Certified Associate
- DevOps experience, including exposure to working in the software industry or administering systems to support the software development lifecycle
- Experience in working to the standards of ISO 27001 and/or ISO 9001
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience – with regular reviews, excellent company pension and benefits package.
- Hybrid and remote working opportunities to provide a great work-life balance.
- Modern tech and business hubs in city centre Edinburgh, with the latest tech.
- Fantastic rail, tram and bus links, access to a parking space and bike storage, and a cycle-to-work scheme.
- Investment in your professional development, with support for Microsoft qualifications and online learning tools.
- Opportunity to work with the latest Microsoft technologies, improve your development skills and support mission-critical solutions for major clients.
- Join a friendly bunch, with regular social activities and end of Scrum pizza.