DevOps Engineer – Edinburgh, Hybrid/Remote Working
We’re seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer who can support the delivery and maintenance of our sophisticated Azure release pipelines to enable the successful deployment of our mission-critical software solutions to major organisations within the emergency and legal services sectors.
IG Technical Hub, 3 Hill Street South Lane, Edinburgh EH2 3AE, with hybrid/remote working.
Who should apply?
We’re looking for enthusiastic and talented IT professionals with strong infrastructure and development skills, an eye for detail, a passion for innovation, and solid experience in continuous delivery of large-scale software applications using DevOps toolchains.
Who are we?
We are a leading software manufacturing company creating specialist business solutions built on the Microsoft technology stack. We work with emergency services and some of the largest law firms in the world. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we have complex, challenging internal and customer infrastructure and use the latest technologies.
What will you do day-to-day?
- Develop complex automated build and deployment solutions (Infrastructure as Code) to ensure consistency and security across all internal and client hosting environments and improve efficiency and productivity throughout our application development lifecycle.
- Support the delivery and maintenance of our Microsoft Azure SaaS provision for mission-critical applications at our enterprise customer organisations with large user bases
- Work closely with our development and QA teams to understand software deployment requirements and ensure dev/test environments are provisioned and maintained according to specification
- Assist with complex client installations, topology recommendations and providing an informed technical support service for the operating system and standard Microsoft application software to our customers, where required
- Deputise, in his absence and as required at other times, for the Support and Quality Manager, taking responsibility for operational systems used to support our business operations and development of our software products
- Support our adherence to ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and GDPR compliance
Tech we work with
All our teams work within Agile/Scrum and collaborate closely across departments.
- Infrastructure and QA teams work with Azure IaaS/PaaS, Windows Server/Desktop, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint/Office 365, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Hyper-V, SQL Server, and Load Balancing/Clustering.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ DevOps experience, including exposure to working in the software industry or administering systems to support the software development lifecycle
- An undergraduate degree with honours in Computing Science or Infrastructure/Networking (or similar) from a leading university to a minimum award level of 2:1
- Excellent ‘Highers’/’A Levels’ (or equivalent), including Maths
- Excellent written and spoken English
Ideal (but not essential)
Exposure to most of these technologies (but training can be given):
Azure IaaS/PaaS, Entra ID (formerly Azure AD), Active Directory (ADFS and Domain Trusts), Exchange, SharePoint/Office 365, IIS, Visual Studio/Azure DevOps, Hyper-V, Containers/Docker, RDS / RemoteApp, SQL Server (DBA, SSDT, SSIS, SSRS and AlwaysOn), Scripting (PowerShell, DOS), Load Balancing/Failover Clustering/DFS, Network Security and Disaster Recovery, VPN, InstallShield.
Nice to have
- Any relevant Certifications, e.g. Microsoft Certified Associate, AWS Certified Professional
- Experience in working to the standards of ISO 27001 and/or ISO 9001
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience – with regular reviews, excellent company pension and benefits package
- Hybrid and remote working opportunities to provide an outstanding work-life balance
- Modern tech and business hubs in the city centre of Edinburgh
- Fantastic rail, tram and bus links, access to a parking space and bike storage, and a cycle-to-work scheme
- Investment in your professional development, with support for Microsoft qualifications and online learning tools
- Opportunity to work with the latest Microsoft technologies, improve your development skills and support mission-critical solutions for major clients
- You’ll join a friendly team with regular complimentary social activities and end-of-Scrum pizza!
How to apply
Get in touch today, referencing DevOpsEng/23. Please send your CV and a short cover email direct: firstname.lastname@example.org